5. TexPoint Installation Instructions for Mac OSX
- Click on the link above to download the installation package
- After mounting/opening the disk image (dmg file) run the "setup TexPoint.app"for automatic installation (read "read me first.rtf")
- Install latex if necessary. You should be able to run "latex" and "dvips" from a Terminal window. See instructions.
- Install ghostscript if necessary. You must be able to run "gs" from a Terminal window. See instructions.
- Check the installation: Open Powerpoint and you should see a TexPoint menu. Select "Configure" and then "Information". Scroll down and you should see the results of invoking "latex", "dvips", and "gs". This will tell you if any of the commands are failing, and also what versions does TexPoint find in the PATH.
- If you need the outline fonts (e.g. for presentations containing emf graphics), you can download them now separately here. They are not included in the main packages anymore.
- TexPoint requires Mac OS X (Version 10.2 or higher recommended)
- TexPoint requires PowerPoint X, 2004, or 2011 for Mac. There will be no TexPoint version for Office 2008! (see FAQ).
- The Mac version of TexPoint has some limitations compared to the Windows version.