5. TexPoint Installation Instructions for Windows
- Click on the link above to download the installer, then click "Run" on the "File Download - Security Warning" dialog box to download the installation, then click "Run" again to start the installation.
- On rare occasions, you might get errors during the installation. Solutions that worked in the past:
- Close all Powerpoint presentations.
- Disable the antivirus, or at least tell it to leave Visual Basic Macros alone.
- If you Saved the MSI file, makes sure it is in a world-writeable directory (e.g., Desktop)
- Read the installation section of the FAQ
- Install latex if necessary. You should be able to run "latex" and "dvips" from a DOS command line. See instructions.
- Install ghostscript if necessary. In older versions of TexPoint (before 3.2) you must be able to run "gswin32c" from a DOS command line. See instructions.
- Check the installation: Open Powerpoint and you should see either a TexPoint menu
- Open Powerpoint and you should see a TexPoint menu or a TexPoint ribbon (Office 2007).
- Select "Configure" and then "Information". Scroll
down and you should see the results of invoking "latex", "dvips", "gswin32c" and "pstoedit". This will tell
you if any of the commands are failing, and also what versions does TexPoint finds in the PATH.
- In case of installation errors check out the FAQ